Introduction to measurement characteristics, how to turn a mechanical value into an electrical value, how to measure the temperature, height, speed, mass, torque, blood pressure, blood flow, and muscle contraction (weak noisy signals) of a patient.
After participating in this course you should be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of a sensor
- Describe measurement properties
- Explain how a physical value is converted into a digital value
- Implement basic electrical circuits transforming physical values into electrical values
- Explain measurement methods of multiple different physical quantities in medical engineering
- Implement signal amplifiers and methods to reduce signal noise
- Select and set up the appropriate sensor for a given medical application
Overall, this course will be very hands-on and the majority on methods learned will also be implemented in the labs following the lecture.
- Students of the M.Sc. programme Medizintechnik or Maschinenbau/MGT
- Specialisation 'Medizingerätekonstruktion'
- Highly interested in creating devices that interact with the body
- 2 + 2 SWS, 6 LP, EF
- Lecture and hands-on lab (each week)
- Written Exam
- Course Language: English
- Max. 32 Students